Fee-Only Financial Planning and Wealth Management with Agili
Through our dedicated relationships and personalized financial plans, we give our clients fiscal confidence and reassurance. You can rest easy knowing that we are attentive and intentional with every detail of your financial life. We think strategically about your overall financial picture and coordinate our efforts to save you time and reduce stress.
What is a Certified Financial Planner™ professional?
It is important to know that not every financial planner or financial advisor is a Certified Financial Planner™ professional (CFP®). At Agili, the Financial Strategist overseeing our work on your behalf has earned this prestigious certification. The Certified Financial Planner™ designation is granted by the CFP Board after candidates meet rigorous educational and professional requirements and pass a demanding exam.
The CFP® designation is granted after rigorous educational, professional, and testing requirements are met.
Important Questions to Ask Your Financial Planner
When choosing a financial planner, we recommend you ask several questions to make sure they can provide a customized financial plan that fits your specific needs. Some questions you may consider asking include: Are you a Certified Financial Planner™ professional? What steps should I take to establish a strong financial plan? How much cash will I need in retirement? What estate planning documents should I put in place to ensure my family’s financial security? What insurance do I need in the event of a disability or death? How can I be sure to save enough for my children’s education?
- At Agili, financial planning is not simply monitoring finances; rather, we use a long-term approach, always keeping in mind your unique financial goals. We proactively provide you with cash flow projections and financial modeling to keep you on track over the course of your life. Also, we are always happy to weigh in when you are making important financial decisions.
- Your team of experts at Agili, comprised of your Financial Strategist, CFP®s, Financial Planning Analysts, Portfolio Administrators and more, work to understand your personal financial dreams. Many factors such as an inheritance, retirement plan, insurance, educational saving plan, charitable giving, and trusts may make up a comprehensive financial picture. At Agili, we can help with all of it! We provide a range of Financial Planning services to help you achieve financial independence with a customized plan developed specifically for you and your family. Learn more about everything we can do for you as your financial planner at Agili (i.e., cash flow analysis; tax planning; estate planning; retirement planning; insurance analysis; risk management and contingency planning; education planning and funding; charitable giving and philanthropic planning; Social Security and Medicare optimization; intergenerational wealth transfer; trust services).
How We Customize Your Financial Plan to Personalize Your Wealth Management Strategy
Agili regularly discusses with clients which goals they would like to achieve and we prioritize those goals. Some clients want to be able to travel in retirement, some want to make sure an inheritance is left for their children, and others just want to be able to feel financially secure enough to meet their needs.
- Cash Flow Analysis: For each client, we compile an asset and liability statement (personal balance sheet) and cash flow projections. All personal financial statements will be supported by appropriate cost basis and market value of assets where possible.
- Tax Planning: While we do not prepare tax returns for our clients, we perform annual income tax analysis with advice to minimize your tax liability. Our team of experts includes several CPAs who advise us about new tax laws and regulations and their impact on investments.
- Estate Planning: We review your estate plan documents and make recommendations as needed. We also develop wealth transfer strategies for you and your family.
- Retirement Planning: At Agili, we regularly provide financial independence modeling to our clients at every stage (pre-retirement and post-retirement). Our retirement income planning assists our clients in understanding what financial strategies and decisions will help them achieve their retirement goals.
- Insurance Analysis, Risk Management, and Contingency Planning: As an RIA, we do not sell insurance or financial products, but we analyze your insurance coverage and make suggestions based on our extensive experience (i.e., long-term care, life, disability, health, etc.). We also provide recommendations for disaster recovery, personal organization and protection from identity theft.
- Education Planning and Funding: We prepare education models and saving recommendations to fund future education costs for your children, family members, or for yourself. Education funding recommendations are based on the most optimal opportunities under current tax law.
- Charitable Giving and Philanthropic Planning: Our clients offer financial support to many charitable organizations. We not only provide tax planning services and advice for your philanthropic donations, but we also complete the necessary paperwork on your behalf.
- Social Security and Medicare Optimization: Our Financial Strategists understand the ins and outs of Social Security and Medicare. We work proactively with you to develop your Social Security and Medicare plans to optimize benefits.
- Intergenerational Wealth Transfer: We want to set you up for success in your financial life. Whether you are coming into an inheritance or passing it on, we work with you to handle the incoming transfer of wealth or the transfer of wealth to younger generations.
- Trust Services: We advise our clients on their estate plans, including wills, trusts, special needs trusts, living wills, etc.
- Responsiveness to Life Events Affecting Your Financial Plan: Your Agili team is flexible and understands that life happens, so we readjust your financial plan to align with life events and potentially unforeseen circumstances. We are here for you when you need us, to advise you at challenging times and to celebrate your victories.
A Story About Agili’s Financial Planning
Agili has helped many clients monitor and customize their financial plan to meet their financial goals. We recently provided important Financial Planning services to a married couple in their early 70s who were beginning to experience health issues. They were suddenly faced with the possibility of needing to enter a continuing care community within the next few years. One of the goals they shared with us years ago, at the beginning of our relationship, was that they did not want to be a burden financially or otherwise on their children. So, when their health issues arose, we ran several financial independence models for them: one showed them staying at home, another showed them selling their house and moving into a continuing care community and another showed one of the spouses dying early to show how his pension and social security income would affect the portfolio. We stress-tested each of the models to show what would happen if the market declined and how that would affect their ability to spend in retirement. When we showed the clients our projections, they were comforted to know that if they chose to enter a continuing care community, even in the worst-case scenario, they would be able to achieve their goal of doing so without burdening their children financially. We are always happy to provide retirement planning services to our clients!
Benefits of Financial Planning with Agili
With Agili as Your Personal CFO, you receive financial planning from Certified Financial Planner™ professionals (CFP®s), investment management by Chartered Financial Analysts (CFAs) and Investment Analysts, and concierge financial services from our entire team of experts. When it comes to financial planning specifically, we save you time and hassles by opening investment accounts, completing paperwork, and communicating with custodial institutions on your behalf.
Professional and Credentialed Financial Professionals
For nearly 30 years, our financial professionals have achieved the highest professional credentials in their fields while helping clients achieve their dreams. Our Financial Strategists are Certified Financial Planner™ professionals and our Investment Management team includes Chartered Financial Analysts (CFAs). Other credentials held by our team of experts include: Master of Business Administration (MBA), Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS) and PhD.
Holistic Financial Management
At Agili, Financial Planning services are included in the holistic financial management we provide to all clients – and as such, these services are covered by our quarterly fee, which is based on investable assets. Together with our Investment Management and Concierge Financial Services, Agili’s comprehensive Financial Planning services enable us to serve all aspects of your financial life.
We are proud that our firm has been a fiduciary, fee-only Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) since we opened our doors in 1993. As a fee-only advisor, we only charge you for managing and supervising your financial plan. We do not receive commissions on the investments we recommend. And as a fiduciary and RIA, we are legally bound to always work in your best interest.
Agili offers extensive Financial Planning services when acting as Your Personal CFO.
Get Started with Agili:
Your Financial Planner and Your Personal CFO
If you’re ready to get started with a Certified Financial Planner™ professional for personalized financial and wealth management, please submit our secure financial questionnaire. Our financial questionnaire helps us understand the big picture of your financial life so that we can plan our work together to help achieve your goals and objectives. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.